E-FAN 2.0 (Static display, AG Pavilion):
- Fully-electric, battery-powered, two-seater industrialized version of the technology demonstrator.
- Aimed at flight schools for initial pilot training aircraft, EIS is expected to be 2018.
- Germany’s GreenTec Awards gave E-Fan their top accolade in the aviation category in May 2016.
Credit – Airbus
AIRSTART (Static display, AG Pavilion):
- Accelerated Integration of Reliable Small uav systems Through Applied Research & Testing
- Revolutionary UK-based project focusing on developing technologies for unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
- Show casing a ‘Laser-beam-steering platform’ which provides secure and robust communications using lasers to provide high-speed data and situational awareness, as well as pinpointing location in-flight.
ACROSS (Static display, AG Pavilion):
- Advanced Cockpit for Reduction Of Stress and Workload
- A virtual reality (VR) flight simulator developed to visualize a functional cockpit without the need for a physical build-up.
- Acts as a tool to support the development of new cockpit concepts in an early stage of the design process and consists of IR-tracking cameras, a head-mounted display and a few flight controls such as side-stick, rudder pedals and thrust lever. All other controls are virtual.
SCADA (Static display, AG Pavilion):
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition.
- Research demonstrator for testing developed security architectures and showcasing the latest innovations around cyber-attack detection for SCADA Security Operations Centers (SOC).
- Highlighting the importance of cyber security not only for aerospace but the overall industry sector in general – protecting Airbus’ own IP, infrastructure and products but also developing technology solutions which they can offer to the external market.
Algae for sustainable aviation fuel (Static display, AG Pavilion):
- The ‘AlgenFlugKraft’ algae-powered flight project aims to produce biokerosene using algae.
- Biokerosene could reduce current CO2 emissions for the industry by between 30 and 40%.
A350XWB and A380 (Static and flying display, AG Pavilion):
- Showing off latest cabin comfort and design standards using virtual reality “Airspace by Airbus” cabin mock-up (Airbus Group Pavilion)
H145 (static display, AG Pavilion):
- Airbus Helicopters’ most advanced rotary wing offering includes latest engines and Helionix advanced avionics suite
UK rotary wing research activities
- Blade dynamics exhibition (ATI stand, Hall 3)
Airbus Defence & Space
- A400M (Static and flying display, AG Pavilion)
- Eurofighter Typhoon, Skynet 5 milcomms satellite, C295W (Static display, AG Pavilion)
- ExoMars Rover (Static display, Space Zone)
- Virtual reality cockpit scenarios (AG Pavilion):
- Flight and landing of A30XWB
- Flying the A400M military transporter
- Flying the Zephyr High Altitude Pseudo Satellite at 70,000 feet
- Walking on the surface of Mars alongside the ExoMars Rover